Happy New Year! Here’s hoping we have a safe, healthy, prosperous 2021!
I’m not a person who normally makes resolutions. About the best I can do at the end of the year is vow to work off the extra pounds that have crept up on me after eating Christmas cookies. This year is no different. Maybe my goal should be not to bake cookies in December? Hmm, not sure that would stick.
So instead of resolutions, I’ve come up with a positive list of ways to make 2021 great.
1. Spend more time with the Lord. We get busy in our daily pursuits, but if we carve out that special time with the Lord, everything in life is more meaningful.
2. Enjoy our family and friends. If anything, last year we learned how to take a breath and spend more quality time with our loved ones. Don’t let the trend change!
3. Stay healthy. In light of the virus, we’ve needed to make changes in personal habits to maintain our health. Keep the momentum going! You don’t have to join a gym, but get out and walk. You don’t have to drastically change your diet, but eat foods that are better for you. You’ll feel like a new person in the long run.
4. Be purposeful with your free time. We spend many hours a day at work, so remember to take time for special outings. Go hiking. Camping. Boating. Shopping. Whatever catches your fancy. There’s a great big world out there to see.
5. And finally, read a good book! I love nothing more than getting caught up in a beautifully written story. My To Be Read pile has grown since I’ve been working on project deadlines, so I can’t wait for things to settle down so I can read, read, read!
Have a great year!
Tara Randel is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author. Family values, a bit of mystery and of course, love and romance, are her favorite themes, because she believes love is the greatest gift of all. Look for her next Harlequin Heartwarming romance, available in July 2021. For more information about her books, visit Tara at www.tararandel.com. Like her on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TaraRandelBooks. Sign up for Tara’s Newsletter and receive a link to download a free digital book.