Many women don’t need Mother’s Day. This is because they are treated like royalty all year long. When a woman is treated like a queen, it means that:
- She is expected to be present at an endless round of athletic events, concerts, award ceremonies, and other occasions in which she has very little interest.
- She is given an endless array of useless knickknacks and handmade gifts she is expected to cherish and display in a place of honor.
- She is expected to do her duty, smile graciously, and receive no thanks, just having her position being considered reward enough.
- She is expected to set a perfect example while enduring in silence the embarrassing indiscretions of her children.
- She is constantly being criticized for her frumpy clothes and outdated ideas.
- She is constantly being told that her position is an outdated anachronism.
- She is constantly bombarded with requests when all she really wants to do is to be left alone in peace.