I recently attended an international conference for Christian book buyers/sellers from around the world. Now I’m preparing to deliver a keynote speech at a national conference for book lenders—i.e., librarians. I’m excited about this opportunity because I’ve loved libraries since I was a kid. When many of my friends wanted to play outside, I preferred to be holed up in a library, discovering new stories and exciting adventures.
Something tells me many of you are the same way. People who grow up to be avid readers usually developed that passion while they were still children. True, parents are huge influencers when it comes to our love of reading (or lack thereof), but librarians played a large part in that for many of us as well.
If that’s you, please leave a brief story of how a librarian influenced or encouraged you in your younger days, will you? I am collecting these stories to share with the librarians at the conference next week, but also because I want to read them myself. So come on. Tell us your favorite library/librarian story!
- Follow Christians Read on WordPress.com
New and Upcoming Releases
- As if Jesus is Coming Tomorrow
- What’s under there? Underwear!
- Reading Places by Tara Randel
- Healing the Wounds by Hannah Alexander
- A Message to My Father by Vicki Hinze
- Guest author interview with Christy Barritt
- Ducks in a Puddle by Julie Arduini
- Food for thought…
- A Garden of Variety by Hannah Alexander
- “10,000 Reasons” in Japanese by Camy Tang
Our Recent Books
Follow Christians Read on TwitterMy Tweets
HONORED ALUMNIAlumni Releases: