I know some of you detest New Year’s resolutions, so I hope the title doesn’t throw you off. 🙂 But I personally LOVE New Year’s resolutions because I feel like I have a game plan for the year, which makes me feel organized even if I’m really not.
For this next year, I’m hoping to focus my reading more. I’ve always read for one of several reasons:
1) whatever I feel like at the time I’m choosing a book
2) I need to read something for an endorsement or a review
3) I need to read a book I’ve borrowed from the library or a friend
I need to read for market research
This year, I want to be more focused on my choices, and I also want to start making a dent in my TBR pile. So here’s my plan:
1) I’m going to start reading more of my older print books so I can slowly start to clear my bookshelves.
2) If I want to read an ebook, I’ll read first the ebooks I’ve had the longest.
3) If I need to read a book for endorsement, review, the library, or market research, then rules 1 and 2 go out the window. 🙂
Any New Year’s reading resolutions for you?